The City of Darebin operates a Kindergarten Centralised Waiting List on behalf of all kindergarten services within the municipality to facilitate the placement of children in these services. The Kindergarten Centralised Waiting List system places children into the Kindergarten programs.
When to apply
Applications can be made in the year prior to kindergarten attendance, between 1st February and 30th April. Late applications are processed after those which are received during the application period.
Priority of Access
Darebin supports the State Government policy directions which articulate that children with additional needs, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, children known to Child Protection and those eligible for fee subsidy, benefit most from being involved in early childhood programs. Families that demonstrate that they have a child in one of these categories will be allocated to a kindergarten program as a priority. Priority groups
- children with additional needs
- vulnerable Children and Families
- children requiring a second year of kindergarten, approved by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
- children with a deferred 4 year old place from the previous year
How to apply
Application forms are available from:
- City of Darebin
- Darebin Early Years and Children’s Services at 8A Newcastle St Thornbury 3071, tel 03 8470 8105, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annie Dennis Children’s Centre (and other kindergartens and child care centres)
- Maternal and Child Health Centres
- City of Darebin Customer Service Centres