The educational program at Annie Dennis is play-based. The educators respond to interests expressed by the children, either through their play or by direct request, and expand on the interests. Family input is also important to help the educators have a deeper understanding of the children’s interests and to acknowledge the link between family and the centre.
- Possums for children aged 6–14 months, with three educators to 9 children
- Joeys for children aged 15 months–2 years, with three educators to 10 children
- Pandas for children aged 2–3 years, with three educators to 12 children
- Grasshoppers for children aged 3–4 years, with two educators to 16 children
- Rainbow (integrated kindergarten) for children aged 4–6 years, with two educators to 20 children, plus up to another 2 children during the kindergarten session.
Family grouping is used at the start and end of each day. From 7.30am–8.30am, all children are together in the Grasshoppers’ room. From 5pm–6pm, Possums, Joeys and Pandas are together in the Pandas room; and Grasshoppers and Rainbow children are together in the Grasshoppers’ room.
In addition, children who have siblings in another room at the Centre are welcome to visit them during the day.
The Centre is open 7.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
From January 2018, the fees are $118 per day.
Many families are eligible for Child Care Benefit which helps reduce the daily fee, along with the Federal Government 50% rebate.
For information on benefits and rebates