The educational program at Annie Dennis is play-based. The educators respond to interests expressed by the children, either through their play or by direct request, and expand on the interests. Family input is also important to help the educators have a deeper understanding of the children’s interests and to acknowledge the link between family and the centre.
- Possums for children aged 6–14 months, with three educators to 9 children
- Joeys for children aged 15 months–2 years, with three educators to 11 children
- Pandas for children aged 2–3 years, with three educators to 12 children
- Grasshoppers for children aged 3–4 years, with two educators to 16 children
- Rainbow (integrated kindergarten) for children aged 4–6 years, with two educators to 20 children, plus up to another 2 children during the kindergarten session.
Family grouping is used at the start and end of each day. From 7.30am–8.30am, all children are together in the Grasshoppers’ room. From 5pm–6pm, Possums, Joeys and Pandas are together in the Pandas room; and Grasshoppers and Rainbow children are together in the Grasshoppers’ room.
In addition, children who have siblings in another room at the Centre are welcome to visit them during the day.
Session time: 7.30 am to 6.00 pm
Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
From 2 July 2018, the fees are $120 per day.
Many families are eligible for Child Care Subsidy and Additional Child Care Subsidy which helps reduce the long day care daily fee.
For information on benefits and rebates